Monday, October 14, 2013

American Horror Story se3ep1 Review

American Horror Story, I have had mixed feelings about you in the past.

      Being a big horror fan I initially approached you with interest, and just a few episodes into season one 1 quickly became dis-enthralled (possibly because of my aversion to Connie Britton).
     
       Your second season however, was another matter.  I watched you all the way through, easily captured by your creepy premise, and yet...by the last few episodes I was bored.  You'd hit me with too much, there was no shock value left and your plot had deteriorated to next to nothing.  I only finished season number two because I had so much previous time invested in you.

       Now you have come out with your third season and once again I find myself drawn into the story, this year's theme being set in the southern states and centering around a Coven of witches.  So far, your plot appears to have more potential to be an actual plot then in previous seasons, in just one episode you feel more driven and....focused.

       And whether or not you throw zombies, Nazis, demons, aliens and serial killers at me, I believe having a solid plot line can only lend to your scare factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment